Friday 26 September 2014

LIPTEMBER // DAY 26






I'm considering supposedly-'universally flattering' makeup today, with Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 400 Big Bang (last one, I promise!) - a pink-based red. Back in my dancing days, makeup for the end of year concert would always be the same - dark brown eyeshadow, accompanied by red lips, as it was supposed to be flattering on everyone, and appropriate for the stage. That had always thrown me a little, because I never found it to be the most flattering combination on me, personally. I was reminded of this when I recently saw the same look on my mother - and she looked stunning; somehow it seemed to enhance her features perfectly. So I thought I'd try it again...but no, I can't say I love it. It's all trial and error when it comes to makeup, I suppose!

A few days ago I mentioned that I enjoyed blotting these lip lacquers and wearing them as a stain. It's more subtle and less glossy - and therefore less likely to move around and smudge everywhere (ahem, hello, Bozo the Clown...). It has more of a matte finish, but wears more comfortably than traditional matte lippies. Here's what it looks like when blotted with a tissue:


It becomes less of a fire-engine red, and a touch more 'currant-y', which I'm not really complaining about. Stay tuned for a little summary of these lip lacquers, coming soon.


What's on my face?
Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Black
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 400 Big Bang
Revlon CustomEyes Eyeshadow Palette in 020 Naturally Glamorous (russet brown shade, second from bottom, applied all over lid) + EcoTools Angled Crease Brush


Happy Friday! :D
What are your thoughts on 'universally flattering' makeup? x

No comments:

Post a Comment