Friday 19 September 2014

LIPTEMBER CHALLENGE // DAY 19

Woo, happy Friday! Today's offering will be a brief review of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, which you'd have seen earlier (herehere and here). They're a lip balm and lipstick hybrid, I suppose, in that they're highly pigmented, but also balmy in texture - like tinted lip balms, only more opaque. These are a great pick when I'm after something more moisturising that still packs a punch, colour-wise. The three that I've got are 015 Tutti Frutti, 035 Candy Apple and 010 Raspberry Pie. Tutti Frutti is a peachy coral, Candy Apple is a warm orange-based red, and Raspberry Pie is a cool fuchsia - and the most opaque of the three.





L-R: Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie

Texture: These have a balmy feel and glide comfortably over the lips. They do, however, have a tendency to get caught on, and highlight, dry or flaky bits.

Opacity: These are quite highly pigmented - the lighter shades are slightly sheerer, while the darker shades seem to be more opaque. They can also be dabbed on for a softer wash of colour, though generally I wouldn't apply them straight from the tube without a mirror. The darker shades do leave behind a slight stain.

Hydration: These are more hydrating than most lipsticks I own, and they wear quite comfortably for the most part. They can leave my lips feeling a little dry if I don't reapply after wiping my lips, or after eating and drinking.

Longevity: As they are 'denser', i.e. less glossy, than the average lip balm, they do last quite well throughout the day on me (say, 3-4 hours), as long as I'm careful with eating and drinking.

Price: $21.95 for 2.55g (which is kind of exxy, but luckily they're often discounted as places such as Priceline and Chemist Warehouse - I picked up Raspberry Pie from Chemist Warehouse for half price earlier this year!).

Other notes: They have a faintly sweet scent about them that isn't noticeable upon application. I also find the packaging especially handy as it indicates the shade clearly.


Are you a fan of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters?
Which shade is your fave? x

No comments:

Post a Comment