Friday 5 September 2014

LIPTEMBER CHALLENGE // DAY 3

Yes To Carrots Color Balm in Soft Plum



The newbie - Yes To Carrots Color Balm in Soft Plum. Yup, another pre-work selfie (a quick snap I took before dashing out the door!)... I enjoy wearing tinted lip balms to work more than lipstick because then I can be sure that it won't fade weirdly or rub off onto my teeth when talking to customers! Because I'm often not able to keep tabs on how my lippie is wearing throughout the shift, I prefer something that I know will be reliable and won't end up looking less-than-pleasant after a few hours, or require touchups. Also, I despise getting lipstick around the top of my water bottle (it's just a pain to clean).

#FOTD

This tinted balm is not as moisturising as I'd prefer, but I like that it gives a sheer wash of colour that's nicer than bare lips. It lasts well enough without eating or drinking, though it's not the most long lasting of the bunch. I think it'd be a good pick for warmer weather, when lips don't require as much hydration (though I suppose the colour could be classified as more autumnal). The Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm (see Day 1), on the other hand, while lovely and moisturising in the cooler weather, can get a little bit 'melty' in warmer weather. Not that it's a bad thing, but just an FYI.

What's on my face?

The other stuff I used:
- Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
- Wet'N'Wild Comfort Zone Palette - Light brown shade from the left side applied with Manicare Eyeshadow Brush
- MAC Fluidline in Black Track applied with Ecotools Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Clinique Cheek Pop in 03 Berry Pop applied with Real Techniques Stippling Brush
- Yes To Carrots Color Balm in Soft Plum


Hope you're all having a great week so far! (And sorry that I'm a bit behind! :|) x

No comments:

Post a Comment