Thursday 25 September 2014

LIPTEMBER CHALLENGE // DAY 21



I know I've written about it briefly before, but here's a more organised summation of LUSH Lip Tint in It Started With A Kiss, featured on Day 16.

You might recall that this is actually my third tin (the first couple ended up becoming all hard and grainy, so I took them back to LUSH and they kindly exchanged them for another one). Third time lucky, I suppose! This is a pretty lip tint that can be applied sheer, or built up to a full strawberry-red.

Texture: See Other Notes for more info. This lip tint glides on smoothly, though it does take some time to warm up and melt into the lips. At times it can highlight dry or flaky bits, but is generally kind to drier lips.

Opacity: It glides on semi-opaque, but can be dabbed on for a sheerer finish or layered to full opacity. I'd say that it's closer to Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, rather than Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter, for example, which is glossier and more opaque.

Hydration: I don't find it especially drying, but it's not super moisturising, either - it wears... comfortably, I suppose, though can become drying if I don't reapply after eating or drinking.

Longevity: As it's not very 'glossy', it does have decent staying power, and also leaves a slight tint - but be warned, your fingers will be tinted reddish pink as well! It lasts around 2-3 hours on me, without eating or drinking.

Price: $9.95 for 10g (which is practically a steal, considering the size of it!)

Other notes: I had a few issues with this product, especially in the cooler weather, as I found that it had a tendency to turn hard and grainy. It does take some time to warm up and become more malleable - fingers definitely work best, though I suppose one could also stick it in their pocket for a little while before using it, to warm it up. And it might seem obvious, but when the lid's on tight, the easiest way to open it is to clamp it the palms of both hands and twist - it's more effective than trying to unscrew it like taking the lid off a jar! It has an interesting scent - kind of cinnamon-y - that is quite noticeable, though I don't find it offensive. I also like the packaging, which is nice and portable, though perhaps less hygienic than a twist-up tube.


Have you tried this lip tint?
Do you have any other 'no-nasties' faves? x

No comments:

Post a Comment