Monday 2 June 2014

WEEK IN REVIEW // 9

A week of slow recovery, new loves and little treats.


L-R:
Whittaker's Peanut Butter Chocolate Block - Did someone say Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?! Courtesy of sleepandwater - recommendation seen on her instagram here. (Dayumm gurl, you'll be the death of me!) So after seeing that, of course I dashed into Aldi. And it did not disappoint. While I prefer the saltier, nuttier taste of Reese's, this really is the next best thing! What are you waiting for? Run, don't walk!

Swisspers Naturals Cucumber Facial Cleansing Wipes - Wow. That's all I have to say - these are good! So effective, and ridiculously soft - unlike some other brands I've tried (Simple and Garnier, anyone?) I did buy these for Mother when they were on sale at Priceline, but couldn't resist trying them myself. These definitely own every other brand I've tried to far.

Chi Chi Baked Eyeshadow Single in Rock With You - I finally tested it out (here). My first impressions were as follows: Not as intensely pigmented as I'd first thought - or as first swatched - but easy to blend, with no fall out. Lasted a good 6 hours or so.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm - This is probably the first 'week in review' where you haven't seen my resident lip balm fave Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream! These past few days Nivea just hasn't been making the cut. Perhaps it's because we're now officially in Winter and my wind-chapped, cracked lips need something a little more, well, 'nourishing', but at any rate, I've finally drawn out Nuxe from hibernation. First impressions? It's waxier than I'd anticipated and smells faintly of lemon curd! Lasting power is also pretty good, and has so far managed to keep my lips looking and feeling better.

Swisspers Cleansing Eye Make-Up Remover Pads - These are also great. While it seems superfluous to have these as well as the wipes, I can say that they remove mascara with ease, and are so saturated with remover that I could take off the rest of my makeup with the remainder. Win!

QV Cream - Claims to "replenish dry skin" - and indeed it does! You may remember that I've been sick recently, and have experienced all the joys of illness, such as a sore throat and runny-and-raw nose. I've been using this to combat my gross, sore and peeling skin, and found it to work wonders, though it did sting a little at first. It's quite emollient, but sinks in quickly - plus, it's of a rather handy size. 

Cedel Blow Dry Faster Heat Protector - As the nights get colder, this has once again become my bestie, as it allows me to dry my hair quicker, and makes it wonderfully straight, too - and all without the assistance of a brush or comb - you can check out my full review here.

Forever New Taliah Clutch - My sale find! I popped in to Forever New this week, on a whim, and walked out with this beauty. I'm looking forward to taking it out on formal occasions. These 'end of season'/mid year sales have been so good - but result in so much debit card damage!



What has been the highlight of your week?
Do you have a weakness for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups like me?

2 comments:

  1. I love using QV as well! When my skin is going through a really bad phase and everything seems to work, I do a little skincare purge and use nothing but QV. Works like a charm! It's great as a body cream too.

    I just might have to get my hands on that heat protector! Nothing seems to work for me but I'm keen to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly QV was only a recent discovery - Cetaphil is my default body moisturiser - though now that you've said that, I suppose I ought to think more highly of it haha.

    Definitely, it's really brilliant! It's one of those products that you think you don't really need at first, but eventually becomes a can't-live-without. Trust me, it's that good :)

    ReplyDelete