Saturday 14 June 2014

#FOTD 6 //

Testing out some newbies today!


...And so far, I'm impressed.


The breakdown:
Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light applied over face - I've raved about it before, so I'll refrain from repeating myself.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty applied on cheeks with Real Techniques Stippling Brush - I'm seriously impressed with this one! It looks a bit intimidating in the pan, but when applied with the Stippling Brush, gives a really pretty reddish-pink flush. (It's got more red-toned in person - my camera doesn't capture it very well.)

LUSH It Started With a Kiss lip tint - This is my third tin of the stuff (the first couple ended up becoming all hard and grainy, so I took them back to LUSH and the lovely peeps there kindly exchanged them for another one). Third time lucky? Anyhow, this is a gorgeous, smooth lip tint that can be applied sheer, or built up to a full, strawberry-red. (Applied over a layer of Nuxe RĂªve de Miel). This is also more red-toned in person, and a lot brighter.

bareMinerals Correcting Concealer in Medium 2 - I'm learning how best to apply this one. I find that it goes on well when applied over some kind of moisturising base, e.g. day cream or In a Good Light. I like to blend it in with the Ecotools Airbrush Concealer Brush, then pat away any harsh lines or edges with my finger. I find that the warmth from my fingers helps it to melt in nicely.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Shadow Sticks in 008 Bad Girl Bronze (top) and 011 Bluffing (bottom) with Bluffing applied over eyelid and Bad Girl Bronze applied on outer 'V' - I wrote about these in my last post, and I find that they accompany each other rather well! They are creamy and quite long-lasting - even more so when applied on dry skin. I find that it takes longer to 'set' when I've applied foundation to my eye area. I like that Bad Girl Bronze is a lovely warm chocolatey brown, though not so much a fan that it comes across practically identical to Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in 012 Bronze in terms of colour. I like that the tip is tapered enough to use as eyeliner (just), but wide enough to use all over the lid. It's not like trying to colour in your entire eyelid with an eyeliner pencil (which feels totally weird and futile...)! A good all-rounder, I think.


Cheers to the weekend! What are your plans? x

No comments:

Post a Comment