Monday 9 June 2014

WEEK IN REVIEW // 10

A week of chillin', adventurous foodie-ing, catchups with friends, and sneaky purchases.


The goods:
Wittner Kissable Heels in Nude Patent Leather - These were my sneaky purchase this week. With all the 'EoFYS' and 'Mid-year Clearances', it's been pretty tough not to cave! I was drawn to the cutouts, which are a little out of the ordinary, the comfy block heel, and the pretty shade of nude (the photos don't do it justice). Seeing as I don't have any pairs of nude heels, I figured it was justified. (Right? RIGHT?!) These may just become the nude counterpart to my favourite black Wittner heels - only time will tell!

Nuxe RĂªve de Miel - This has been my lip balm of choice this week. It seemed to be a good match for the citrus tart we had for dessert last night... Last week I mentioned my first impressions, but you can check out the full, non-abbreviated, updated post here.

Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light SPF 30+ - I've found this to be lovely for the cooler, windier weather, as it is hydrating and illuminating - plus, it's got SPF, which is a must! This has been my fave 'face base' of late. See it in action here and here.

bareMinerals Correcting Concealer in Medium 2MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC30 and Ecotools Airbrush Concealer Brush - Lately I've been struggling with my concealer options, as I'm in need of something more hydrating as my skin becomes drier. I only just got the Correcting Concealer, and I find it to be quite thick and creamy, though I'm on the fence about its cream-to-powder finish. With my usual MAC concealer, I've been experimenting with different methods of application. I've been testing out various tools, such as fingers, the Ecotools Deluxe Concealer Brush, and the Ecotools Airbrush Concealer Brush, which is excellent for diffusing harsh lines and preventing an unsightly almost 'streaky' finish. I'm still eyeing NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, but I might make that my last resort.



And I thought I'd also do a little throwback to when the weather was warmer, and the skies less grey, as the rain falling outside it making this Winter seem rather dreary already...


This photo was taken by my talented pal, Chris (who started his own photography company, Too'Eazy Photography), on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon in April. Ah, I'm wishing we still had that lovely summery breeze.

Hope you're enjoying the long weekend (if you're in Aus)!
What was the highlight of your week? x

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful photo of you! You look gorgeous in it!

    I'm still struggling to find the right concealer actually. I have dry skin and the lines under my eyes are quite prominent. So anything that's not creamy or liquidy, is a no-go. A friend of mine actually suggested using a high coverage foundation! Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you! I'm putting it down to clever editing ;)

    Ah, I feel ya on that one! I always find that concealer creases in those fine lines under my eyes. I usually apply concealer over some kind of moisturising product so it doesn't exacerbate the dryness. One MUA recommended applying an intensive eye cream before concealer, though I'm pretty low maintenance and despise extra steps in my routine! A high coverage foundation might be a treat if it's hydrating. I'm still eyeing NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer though - I'm sure I'll cave eventually :P

    ReplyDelete