Monday 16 June 2014

WEEK IN REVIEW // 11

A week of...more haulin'. They see me haulin', they hatin'... Well, my bank balance ain't looking too impressed, either. I'd better make more of an effort to shop my now-burgeoning stash!


LUSH It Started With a Kiss lip tint - This has been a lovely alternative to a bright lippie, especially when applied sparingly. It wears comfortably, goes on evenly, and fades well, too. I just hope it doesn't end up drying or going grainy like the last two I've tried!

Sussan Pom Pom Socks - Aaaaaand the pom pom socks have finally come out for Winter! They're a bit of a novelty, too, I suppose, and they keep my feet, and ankles, nice and toasty. I seriously have the worst circulation - can't wait for Winter to be over already!

Lanikai Ukulele - Meet my new baby. She has a gorgeous, warm sound, and is great to play. Perhaps there might even be a musical interlude in the near future...? :O

Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick in 23 Grenadine - Is this...another lip product?! Sorry, I couldn't resist! The glossy/balmy nature of this makes it perfect for Winter, as my lips aren't in the best shape. It doesn't cling to flaky bits of lip skin (sorry, gross!) and has quite impressive staying power for something as moisturising as it is. I like to pat it on to my lips for a subtle wash of colour, like so.

And still going strong from last week:
Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light - I completely understand if you're sick of seeing this one, given the frequency of its appearances here! But it'd be wrong of me not to include it, when it's the only base I've been wearing as of late... It really is a great 'all in one' - moisturiser, sunscreen, illuminator - a lazy girl's dream!

Nuxe Rêve de Miel - I think this has almost matched Nivea Lip Butter's numerous appearances on here, as well. I am pleased to announce that underneath the hardened top lies a creamier balm, consistent with lemon curd... Mmmmm. This is the only balm I've been using lately.

bareMinerals Correcting Concealer in Medium 2 - Last week I mentioned that I was experimenting with application, and I've found that fingers work equally well for when I'm not overly bothered (lazy girl, remember? :P) It provides decent coverage, and its powder finish gives it lasting power, though I prefer to apply it over something moisturising first, so it goes on smoothly.



Happy Monday! Hope the rest of the week goes swimmingly (: x

No comments:

Post a Comment