Monday 12 May 2014

I GOT IT FROM MY MAMA //

...Literally. Like, I just pinched them off her dresser. No, I'm not talking about my body (sly nod to B.E.P), but the beauty booty (ha, see what I did there?) my mother introduced me to. Though it seems that I'm the one bombarding her with makeup recommendations these days, as a belated Mother's Day post, I thought I'd take a quick look at three products that I wouldn't know and love if it weren't for Mother Dearest.

L-R: La Roche-Posay BB Cream, La Roche-Posay Sunscreen, Chi Chi Mosaic Blush






  
The 'love at first sight': La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL Melt-In BB Cream SPF 50
I did mention this a while back, in a first impressions post based on a sample of this BB Cream. Turns out Mother loved it too, and consequently purchased a full-sized one for herself. I ended up pinching this rather frequently while overseas - it was perfect for the sunny and humid weather. I suppose this prod ought to be revisited (watch this space).

The 'it's-complicated-turned-in-a-relationship'La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Sunscreen
I also mentioned this one - like, a fleeting two-liner - in the same post. And at first, I didn't love it. The sample I tested was thick, difficult to spread, and overall not so appealing to me. Thanks to Mother, though, that changed. She went and bought a full-sized one shortly after purchasing the BB Cream, and I decided to give it another go. To my amazement it was nothing like the sample: thin in texture, easy to blend and left a nice sheen - think more along the lines of 'glowy' than 'greasy' - though it did also give me a bit of a white cast. It was love. I think this one also deserves a revisit and proper conclusion...

The whirlwind romance: Chi Chi Mosaic Blush in Pink Peach.
This is a newbie (as in, two day old newbie) and Mother's purchase yet again (there seems to be a trend here...). I spotted her wearing it and was instantly intrigued. It was the most perfect blend of peach, rose and russet - and rather flattering on olive skin tones/skin with yellow undertones. It has shimmer throughout, which is quite subtle when applied, yet catches the light for a lovely brightening effect. It also features five shades that can be swirled together or applied separately. I like swiping a bit of the pale peachy shade along the tops of my cheekbones as a highlighter, and I'm thinking the bronzy chocolatey shade might make a pretty eyeshadow. You could say that I've fallen head over heels for this one!

What are your fave products that you can thank your Mama for?

No comments:

Post a Comment