Thursday 8 May 2014

#FOTD 1 //

Please excuse the 'sick' face...
While my FOTD's are generally very simple and natural-looking (partly due to lack of time and partly due to laziness), today I had extra time on my hands to play around and experiment. As a self-confessed eyeshadow noob, I usually avoid using eyeshadow and 'smoky eyes' - especially as it often seems to attract comments from my mother about how much I resemble a drug addict or a panda (read: smoky eye gone terribly wrong). I focused on eyes today and kept the rest of the face quite neutral (and realised how out of practise I was, while attempting winged eyeliner).


The breakdown:
FACE:
- MAC Face and Body Foundation (Shade C3) applied with fingers
- MAC Select Cover Up Concealer applied under eyes and over blemishes with Ecotools Deluxe Concealer Brush

CHEEKS:
- Clinique Cheek Pop in 01 Ginger Pop applied on apples of cheeks with Ecotools Tapered Blush Brush
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel used to contour; applied with RealTechniques Expert Face Brush

EYES:
- Wet'N'Wild Comfort Zone Palette (left side) following the 'instructions'; applied with Ecotools eye brushes and the random Manicare brush...
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner to draw the wing

LIPS:
- Just a slick of Nivea Lip Butter (Caramel Cream)

What do your 'experimental' FOTD's consist of?
Do you have any eyeshadow tips for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment