Friday 18 July 2014

SMART(ER) PACKING // REVISITED

Errythang I used
So I'm back - and I apologise that it's taken me so long to recover. Those sleepless nights really take their toll!
But back to the task at hand. I think I did okay, given that I was only away for 42 hours! Not even two days.
I was a more efficient packer this time around, as I used most of what I took (clothes-wise, anyway), which is pretty good for me, as I'm usually that person who wears the same outfit three days in a row on camps... Though I didn't use much of the other 'just in case' stuff that I packed (like last time) - it's always difficult to know what will be necessary, especially when you don't know what to expect (e.g. what the facilities are like, etc.) That's how I'm justifying it, anyway!

Without further ado, here's the recap...

What I used (skincare-wise):


What I used (makeup-wise):


What I didn't use at all:


The verdict:
I actually surprised myself that I didn't use hand cream at all, despite the crazily-cold and whiplash-windy weather (I guess the gloves helped in that respect). I didn't wash my hair at all, but stretched an extra day out of my freshly-washed hair with the aid of Batiste dry shampoo. (I did wash it as soon as I got home!) I'll admit I was a bit naughty and used the Garnier makeup wipes instead of cleansing properly (but in the wee hours of the morning, no one's really bothered, right?) My skin was okay - well, happy enough with Cetaphil lotion that I didn't need to bring in reinforcements by the way of La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5. My face was well-hydrated with Clinique DDML+/Neways Barrier Cream, so I didn't end up using Clinique Moisture Surge, nor Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Moisturiser. I used nearly everything that I brought makeup-wise, though I found I looked mostly alive (thanks, NARS concealer and Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light!), so didn't need the help of Bloom cream blush - and I didn't end up using the eyeliner pencil (which was really just to give myself another option, in case I wasn't bothered with gel eyeliner). Yes, I'll admit that I'm a chronic overpack-er! And when you're that tired, I figured I could be excused for not taming my facial hedges (though I tidied my brows when I got back). Who's looking, anyway?

Hmm... Perhaps I'll be a proficient packer one day (here's hoping!) We all need something to aspire to, right? ;) 

Are you a proficient packer, or a 'just-in-case' excessive packer like myself?
Any tips? (Teach me your ways!) x

No comments:

Post a Comment