Monday 7 July 2014

#FOTD 7 // FEAT. FAVES

I realised it's been a little while since I did one of these.


I was catching up with a friend over lunch, so I felt obligated to make an effort! I decided to go back to my 'tried and true' beauty faves, after doing a bit of tinkering lately. Much like the humble sloppy joe that you reach for automatically when you want something comfy to lounge about in, or the killer pair of heels that you feel great in for a night out, I think each chicka has a stash of beauty products that they know are reliable for no-fuss days. I'm a bit hesitant to use the label 'holy grail', because to me that product has got to be the most incredible thing ever to deserve such a title, but along the lines of an HG. So most of my picks will come as no surprise as you've probably seen them before (or even numerous times!):

The faves*

Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light tinted facial sunscreen - You may be sick of seeing this one by now, and I hear ya. But it's just such a winner! How could I say no to a moisturiser, sunscreen, illuminator and face perfector all in one?! It really is a winter essential for me.

b Collection by Bloom cream blush in Barossa Valley - I wore this one to death in the summer months, though I've found that it gives a pretty pop of colour to brighten up my pastier winter face, too. It's especially kind to the dry patches on my cheeks, which I appreciate - and which is what influenced me to pick this over a powder blush, which often highlights dry areas and can sometimes looks patchy.

MAC Select Cover-Up concealer in NC30 - I do prefer this one in the summer months as it adheres well (i.e. won't sweat off) and has a powdery finish. For winter I find it a little dry, unless applied over quite an emollient base (like In a Good Light). It's not a bad pick for redness and spots, and the shade thankfully still suits my complexion.

Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliner pencil in Black - I like using this eyeliner pencil for subtle definition - it can be smoked/smudged in for barely-detectable eyelash beefing up. While it's not the most long lasting, it does a decent job if I remember not to touch my eyes!

Clinique Chubby Stick in 07 Super Strawberry - One of my first 'proper lippies'; I love this for its moisturising properties, and the pretty MLBB tint it imparts. It's quick and easy to touch up - no mirror required. What's not to love?

*Apologies that the pink tones in the photo above aren't very accurate! (Cream blush is more of a coral pink IRL, and the Chubby Stick packaging is a muted raspberry colour).

If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, I hope that you're enjoying the last vestiges of sun!
Which prods have made it into your collection of beauty faves? x

No comments:

Post a Comment