Thursday 10 July 2014

A WEEKEND AWAY // SMART(ER) PACKING

Okay, so we've established that I'm a bit of a 'YOLO' packer... In the past I was the most meticulous packer (and perhaps a little overboard), planning months in ahead and packing with precision. (In fact, my mother used to say that I enjoyed packing more than the trip itself!)
But lately that hasn't been the case. On my most recent trip overseas I ended up taking a whole heap of stuff that I'd hoped would come in handy...and didn't end up using a lot of it. I'll be going away this weekend for a camp, so this may just be my chance to redeem myself! This time I've stripped it down to the bare essentials - my reliable favourites that will do the job; no bells and whistles (though that's not to say that they aren't fab!).

Toiletries (plus face towel, toothbrush and toothpaste which aren't pictured):


Clockwise from top left:
- Neways Subdue deodorant
- Garnier makeup wipes
- Cetaphil cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5
- Neways Barrier Cream
- Clinique Moisture Surge (15ml)
- Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
- Avène Cold Cream Hand Cream
- Pantene shampoo and conditioner minis
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturiser
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion +

Makeup:


Clockwise-ish from top left:
- Mecca Cosmetica In a Good Light
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Black
- E.l.f Cosmetics Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm
- Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose
- Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Anti-Oxidant Berry
- b Collection by Bloom Cream Blush in Barossa Valley
- Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina EDT mini

Other bits and pieces:


Clockwise from top left:
- Agnès B. makeup pouch
- Batiste Cherry dry shampoo mini
- Hairties and bobby pins
- Tweezerman tweezers


...So that's it - the 'bare essentials'. We'll see how I go! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a tendency to pack the night before my flight and, so far, that's worked well for me! I think that if I packed days in advance, I'd talk myself into bringing a whole lot more than I need. I also bring more skincare than make up!

    That mini Cetaphil cleanser is adorable! Where do you pick up your Barrier Cream from? I've got pretty temperamental skin and I'm looking for something like that just to protect it a bit more but I haven't seen the brand around Sydney much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's a good way of doing it, though I'm paranoid I'd forget something. It's true that I often bring more than I need - you know, 'just in case'!

    I love travel-sized things - my secret weakness ;) Barrier Cream is great as an extra layer over moisturiser! Neways is pretty tricky to buy from - I think you can only get their products from independent distributors (i.e. you can't buy online/no physical stores). My parents are distributors so I've grown up using Neways products. Let me ask them for you and get back to you :)

    ReplyDelete