Thursday 25 December 2014

SHINY NEW ADDITIONS (PART II) //


I've been working a lot more lately (hence the blog neglect...), as retail is insane around Christmas, and as such, I've been spending a lot more time "window shopping" in my local shopping centre...to detrimental consequences. (To be fair, it's not like I'm going to go home whilst on my break, right? Right?) Admittedly it seems to happen to the best of us - or so my customers have told me - in regards to Christmas shopping: we feel the need to reward ourselves after ticking off another person on our list!

Here are some more new additions (one 'need', one 'splurge', one 'considered purchase', and two 'impulsive purchases'...):


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + ($49AUD for 125ml) - This is my first proper purchase of the DDML+, as I had first received a sample of it during their Facebook promotion some time ago. Since finishing the sample, I decided that it was a product that had become integral to my skincare routine, and a year-round staple. (Read an overview of it here.)



LancĂ´me Lip Lover Gift Set ($45AUD) - I'll concede that a part of me unashamedly relishes the holiday season purely for the numerous gift sets and limited editions that are released by various makeup brands around this time! This one is a little treat to myself, being the lip product junkie that I am, and I rationalised that I could do with a few more lip glosses. I'm mostly intrigued with the formula, which is supposedly a long wearing, pigmented lip gloss. I'll share my thoughts once I put it to the test!



bareMinerals Original Foundation SPF15 in Golden Tan ($35AUD) - You may recall that I've been considering purchasing this foundation for a couple of months now. I finally took the plunge, drawn by the promise of no nasties, and oil-control for sensitive skin. It was trickier than anticipated to find my exact match - Golden Medium was too light and Medium Beige too pink, so I ended up with Golden Tan, the darkest warm-toned offering, which is currently just a smidgen too warm for my NC30 complexion, though it should be near-perfect come January.



Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant ($24AUD for 73g) - I came across this quite by chance while browsing the Mecca Cosmetica, and prompted by the many positive reviews, ducked in to check it out for myself. Further online 'research' showed mixed reviews, but I decided to take a chance on it anyway, taken in by it's supposed-suitability for sensitive skin.



Essence Long-Lasting Eye Pencil in 02 Hot Chocolate ($3.05AUD for 0.34g) - At that price, you really can't go wrong, I rationed. After seeing how awesome it looked on my mum, I went and got one for myself, and I have to say that it's pretty good, considering that it's cheap as chips! It mostly lives up to its claims of being long-wearing, though I find that it can transfer to under my eye and become a bit smudgy if I apply too much. I prefer to blend it into the lash line for a more natural effect for everyday. It's creamy, pigmented, doesn't irritate my eyes, glides on easily and doesn't require sharpening - the only con is that I can't get a fine, precise line. All things considered, this one's a winner in my eyes! (*Pun not intended).


How many new additions have you added to your stash during Christmas shopping? ;)
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment