Monday 24 February 2014

WEEK IN REVIEW //

My week overall was quite busy (well, busier than usual), with a couple of days of work, a few dance classes, and some long-overdue catch-ups with friends. The highlight of my week was probably catching up with friends, and listening to Disney songs as I cleaned my room (also long-overdue, and a hoarder's worst nightmare!) As most of my week consisted of casual gatherings, I found myself reaching for Mecca Cosmetica's In A Good Light (light coverage with added SPF 30) over MAC's Face and Body (usually reserved for work and 'going out').





Real Techniques Stippling Brush - While many bloggers have waxed lyrical about the Buffing Brush, I found the Stippling Brush to be more praiseworthy - though to be fair, I haven't tested either of them rigorously. It applies cream blush like nothing else, blending it out beautifully, to give a natural flush. I prefer to dab the blush along my cheekbones with my finger, in a rough line, before using the brush to diffuse and blend. I bought mine iherb, along with the Core Collection and Expert Face Brush.
B Collection by Bloom Col.lecta Colour Cheek Tint in Barossa Valley - described as a 'watermelon tint', which I would say is quite accurate. This is my usual go-to blush product, as it's quick to apply, relatively long-lasting on my normal-to-dry skin, and has a gorgeous dewy finish. I purchased this from Target some time ago.
Natio Moisturising Lip Balm with SPF 30 and Vitamin E - I don't have to gush on about this again, do I?
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Nourishing Lip Balm with Sunscreen - I bought this in a pack from Priceline after Boxing Day last year, which also included the renowned Eight Hour Cream and Eight Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturiser with SPF 15, which I have yet to trial. However, I have used this lip balm sufficiently to conclude that it's brilliant. It leaves my lips moisturised, without requiring frequent reapplication. It was a saviour when we went camping by the beach, as I suffered sore, chapped lips from the wind. I also love using this at work, where the fierce air-con has a tendency to make my lips dry and flaky. It has a slight apricot tinge, and applies practically clear, though it also does the same strange 'MLBB thing' to my lips, akin to the Natio lip balm.
Mecca Cosmetica In A Good Light SPF 30+ Tinted Facial Sunscreen - I was recommended this by Mecca staff when on the hunt for Kiehl's BB Cream, which they didn't stock. I was told that it's similar to a BB cream, in that it has perfecting properties and is a 'multi-tasking wonder'. It actually provides light coverage, though it does give me a more even complexion, while adapting to my skin tone. It also has illuminating qualities, which means I can skip the highlighter/illuminator! It imparts a glowy 'my skin but better' finish, which is perfect for everyday.
Neways Barrier Cream - I've been using Neways products since I was a baby, as I used to have very sensitive eczema-prone skin, so this moisturiser is certainly 'tried and true'. It's light, sinks in easily, and has a slight illuminating effect. I use this before makeup as an illuminator, primer and skin-protector in one. I also like that it comes in a smaller 50ml size, perfect for travel and handbag-friendly.
Pandora radio - I could have lived without this before, but now I'm not so sure! Especially since all my favourite Disney songs are together in one place (embarrassing, I know, but so, so good.)
P.S. How brilliant is the Frozen OST?!



No comments:

Post a Comment